- How do I book one of your excellent driving events?There are three easy ways that allow you to book one of our exciting events. You are welcome to make use of our online booking facility at www.lotusdrivingacademy.com or you can call our Hethel based office on +44 1953 608547 and book your course directly with one of our staff. Alternatively you can send a mail directly to email@example.com
- Do I need to own a Lotus to be able to participate in events offered by the LDA?Our exhilarating Lotus Driving Academy days are open to all drivers regardless of the vehicle that they possess.
- Will I be required / Am I allowed to supply my own vehicle?
We supply your vehicle throughout the whole Lotus Driving Academy day.
Unfortunately we are unable to allow customers to use their own vehicles on our track due to insurance as well as health and safety reasons.
- Do you have any age restrictions for your LDA track experiences?Due to insurance reasons you must be at least 21 years of age before you can participate in one of our driving experiences.
- What information will you require from me when booking?To allow us to complete your booking we will require the following information: Full names, addresses and contact email addresses of all participants; Contact telephone numbers for all participants (preferably mobile numbers); Debit/credit card details for the booking including type of card (must be either VISA or MasterCard), name of card holder, card number, expiry date, and security code; A declaration that all participating drivers hold a full and valid driving licence and will be 21 or older at the time of the event.
- Are travel and accommodation costs included?Transport and accommodation is not included at Hethel at this point. In Budapest packages including accommodation are available upon request.
- Do you operate your courses solely on weekends?We schedule all of our private customer events on weekends, as this is the most popular time more the vast majority of our clients. We are happy to offer a bespoke service for groups of 8 or more participants where the days are more flexible. Please contact us using the feature provided within this website.
- Can I book events back to back?Many of our clients find this to be the preferential way of booking their experience. This enables them to get the most out of their weekend and to maximise the learning effect over a two- or three-day period. Therefore we are happy to offer the Lotus Licence as a complete 3-day package, allowing you to complete your training with the Lotus Driving Academy in one go.
- I have previous track experience, am I able to proceed straight to Level 2/3?Although we recommend to all our participants to complete our curriculum in order 1 through to 3 we are happy to accommodate you on any course you see yourself fit to participate in. Please do note, however, that we are unable to recognize any 3rd party experience for your Lotus Licence.
- I have booked my event, what documentation will I receive?Within two days of payment you will receive an email confirmation of your booking and accommodation and travel information for your convenience. 7-10 days prior to your event you will receive a letter of confirmation outlining the exact agenda of your day.
- I have booked my event and I would like to stay in a hotel, can you recommend any?We have compiled a list of local hotels within a 10-mile radius allowing you to choose accommodation that is best suited to your requirements. This list will automatically be sent to you with your booking confirmation.
- What clothing should I wear when attending one of the Lotus Driving Academy experiences?We highly recommend that all garments should be casual, comfortable and seasonal. Please refrain from wearing items of clothing or jewellery that may cause discomfort or hinder your ability to drive. We also advise wearing comfortable flat shoes, for example trainers.
- What is my liability?All persons that participate in our events are subject to a statutory £2,500 damage excess per vehicle.
On The Day
- Will I receive a full safety briefing before driving a Lotus on track?An essential and comprehensive safety briefing by our team of professional instructors is a mandatory requirement on any course that we offer.
- Will catering be provided on the day of the event?At all our full-day events we provide a buffet style lunch at noon. Refreshments and snacks are available throughout the day.
- Can I take photographs during the event?All photographic equipment is prohibited on site at all times. However upon the completion of your day you will receive a photograph with your instructor next to your vehicle.
- Am I required to supply my own helmet?Suitable helmets are available in all common sizes and we provide you with a free balaclava. You are welcome to bring your own helmet - however the Chief Instructor reserves the right to refuse it if he deems it unsuitable for an LDA event.
- How much time will be spent in the classroom vs. track time?Depending on which course you are looking to select, a break down of your course will be specified in the product description that can be found in our brochure or on our website.
- How many participants will there be in my class?This will be clarified in the description of your course. On average our Academy days accommodate between 12 and 16 persons.
- Will I have the same instructor throughout all licences?It is our aim to try and give you the best tuition on the Lotus Licence. Our instructors are trained to a high standard and will deliver a consistent calibre of instruction throughout the programme. We will endeavour to keep you with the same instructor but this may not be possible.
- Will I receive a certificate upon completion of my course?On successful completion of your Lotus Driving Academy day you will be presented with a certificate of achievement. You will also receive a personalised evaluation of your day by your instructor.
- Can I bring a guest to the Lotus Driving Academy?We offer you the possibility to bring a guest to selected events by booking a Guest Package for them. This entitles them to spend the day at the event with you, benefit of our on-site catering, attend a visit of the Lotus production facilities (Hethel only), enjoy passenger laps and receive a Lotus Originals goodie bag. Please note that every participant is limited to bringing a maximum of one guest and that your guest has to be 12 years or older to be able to attend the day. If available for your event the Guest Package can be booked as an add-on during the online booking process or by contacting our staff via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on +44 (0) 1953 608547.
- What happens in case I should incur a medical emergency whilst attending my driving event?Here at the Lotus Driving Academy your safety is paramount. In the unlikely case of an emergency we have a qualified ambulance crew trackside to be able to react to any emergency rapidly and efficiently.
- I recently attended one of your events and left some belongings there, how do I retrieve them?In the event of misplaced belongings please call the Lotus Driving Academy office on +44 1953 608547 and inform them as soon as possible. We cannot be held responsible for any items that are lost or misplaced on our premises.
- How can I register my feedback with the Lotus Driving Academy?We strongly encourage customer feedback. This in turn helps us to continually improve our courses and products that we offer our customers, giving them the best possible experience. If you would like to register your feedback with us please use the “Contact us” feature on the website or email us on email@example.com
- How do I book a factory tour?You are welcome to book a factory tour via our online booking system which you will be able to find at www.lotusdrivingacademy.com Alternately you can call our Hethel office directly on +44 1953 608547.
- Do you have a minimum age for your factory tours?You have to be at least 8 years old. Please note that every minor must be accompanied by an adult.
- How long does a factory tour last for?Our factory tour takes approximately 90 minutes and our Heritage tour will take approximately 3 hours.
- What time do I have to arrive for my factory tour?Please report to the security lodge 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of your tour. You will then be directed to the clubhouse where you will be welcomed by the Lotus Driving Academy Academy staff and your tour guide.
- Will I be able to take photographs during my factory tour?Unfortunately all photographic equipment is prohibited on site at Lotus.
- Do you accommodate group bookings?We are happy to organize and book individual factory tours for groups of 8 participants or more. Please contact the Hethel office on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1953 608547 to enquire about availability.
- What is the nearest train station to the Lotus Driving Academy?Geographically Wymondham has the closest train station and is situated approximately 4 miles from Hethel. The nearest major train station is located in Norwich, approximately 8 miles from Hethel.
- How much would a taxi journey cost me from Wymondham / Norwich train station?A taxi from Wymondham will cost approximately £8 to £10 to get to Hethel. When travelling from Norwich, the average taxi cost will vary from £15-£20.
- Are you associated with Classic Team Lotus?Although we are not directly associated with Classic Team Lotus we work very closely with Clive Chapman and his team as he administrates the legacy of his fathers’ heritage.